On Wednesday, March 21, please join fellow Central Maine Striders for food, drinks, awards, voting on officers, plus free gloves and stickers* at Mainely Brews Brewhouse & Restaurant in Waterville for the club’s annual dinner.
Maybe you’ve seen other Striders at local running races and events. Well, here’s your chance to meet and connect over dinner and drinks.
Central Maine Striders Annual Dinner
Wednesday, March 21, 2018, at 6 p.m.
Mainely Brews Brewhouse & Restaurant
1 Post Office Road, Waterville
All ages are welcome!
Food and Drink
The club will provide appetizers. Drinks and dinner will be available for purchase from Mainely Brews.
During dinner we will recognize members for Club Awards and also will hold the Election of Officers (link to ballot below).
*FREE Gloves and Stickers!
We're giving all 2018 Central Maine Striders members a pair of CMS gloves and some club stickers as thanks for being part of our club. Gloves and stickers will be available for pickup at the annual dinner.
All members and friends of the club are welcome. We hope to see you on March 21st at Mainely Brews!
Join or renew now for 2018: https://www.centralmainestriders.com/join.html
The 2018 Northeast Delta Dental Mt. Washington Road Race will take place on Saturday, June 16. Anyone that would like to run the challenging 7.6-mile race to the top must apply for a slot by entering a lottery. Lottery registration is open now through February 26.
Runners can enter the race lottery at:
Lottery entrants will be informed on March 1 if they are accepted.
If you are rejected, you may contact Central Maine Striders to request a spot in the race. There are a limited number of entries per team for club members. Runners will have to provide a volunteer to assist the club on race day.
Please contact Ron Paquette for more info, if you may want a slot, or to help coordinate club volunteers and runners: email@example.com
The club has had a team entered at the Mt. Washington Road Race for many years. The 2018 race will be held on Saturday, June 16. To learn more about this challenging, all-uphill, 7.6-mile race up the Auto Road, visit: mountwashingtonroadrace.com
Congratulations to Jeff Jones (24:36) of Chelsea and Gabby Schreffler (30:10) of Bethel, winners of the 39th annual, 4.5-mile January Thaw Road Race held on January 21, 2018, in Belgrade. As the top male and female runners they each received $50 gift certificates from New Balance.
There also was a post-race raffle for all runners with movie passes to local movie theaters, $20 gift certificates from local businesses like the Korner Store and Deli in Oakland, and gift certificates from local lumberyards.
A big thank-you to everyone who helped with the race and special thanks to race co-directors Geoff Hill, Ron Paquette, and Gene Roy. Gene was unable to attend this year's January Thaw due to illness, but Central Maine Striders sent Gene the "Get Well" message above and its best wishes.
Also, special thanks to David Colby Young of Maine Running Photos who comes every year regardless of the weather to take pictures of the race and runners. All photos here are courtesy of and credited to David and Maine Running Photos.
January Thaw Race Coverage:
39th Annual January Thaw Road Race Results
January 21, 2018
Place Runner Time Age Hometown
1. Jeff Jones 24:36 47 Chelsea
2. Matt Sawyer 25:06 44 Eliot
3. Philip Gagnon 28:43 33 Oakland
4. Jack Babin 29:21 16 Athens
5. Casey Gallant 29:32 15 Augusta
6. Gabby Schreffler (F) 30:10 24 Bethel
7. Dusty Rhodes 31:12 47 Farmington
8. Sarah Reynolds (F) 32:22 38 Farmington
9. Steve Rollins 33:30 56 Bath
10. Harold Shaw 34:34 60 Sidney
11. Ron Peck 34:37 42 Waterville
12. Sandy Shoulder (F) 35:13 45 Farmington
13. Danielle Gagnon (F) 35:51 33 Oakland
14. Robin LeBlond (F) 36:04 43 Sidney
15. Susan Brooks (F) 37:46 58 Benton
16. Tammy Moulton (F) 39:46 53 Athens
17. Jeffrey Preble 40:04 64 Gardiner
18. Ryan Gallant 42:33 44 Augusta
19. Bob Brosius 43:22 65 Winthrop
20. Phil Pierce 43:54 76 Falmouth
21. Heather Linkletter (F) 44:08 38 Athens
22. David Stanhope 45:53 54 Exeter
23. George Reichert 46:11 65 Bowdoinham
24. David Benn 46:36 72 Waterville
25. Katie Reed (F) 47:01 33 Farmington
26. Joe Phelan 47:58 53 Hallowell
27. Barb Brosius (F) 51:02 65 Winthrop